There are many things that make the Android OS unique, the ability to use a vast number of apps is one, another is the ability to customize your device through skins and launchers, the features are almost uncountable really and depending on the specs of your phone, you’re only limited by your imagination.
Here at DroidRant, we’re committed to writing articles that make using your Android device easier and helps you optimize your device, we’ve written several how-to articles and list of apps you’ll find very useful, even a tutorial on how to hide apps in MIUI, if you’re using Xiaomi or Redmi smartphones.
Today, however, we’re showing you how to hide apps in One UI, Samsung’s custom Android skin, here’s a list of other custom android skins you may not know.
Related Questions / Contents
Hiding apps on your Samsung Galaxy device running One UI
This tutorial is so simple and this method works on almost, if not all Samsung Galaxy devices out there running any version of One UI.
To get started, you’ll need to be on the home screen of your device and make sure there’s enough space on there i.e no apps on the screen, you just need a little blank space anyway so you should most likely have that.
- Long press anywhere on your phone home screen (not the blank drawer and that brings up home screen options.
- Select the home screen settings on the bottom right corner of your device and a full-fledged home settings option should appear.
- Scroll down and select hide apps and you’ll be presented with the list of installed apps on your phone in alphabetical order, tap apps you want hidden and they’ll be moved to the hidden apps section above, as you can see from the screenshot below.
- Click done and that’s it, the apps won’t be visible on your device.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully hidden the apps on your phone and no one will be able to see any of the apps.
Sadly unlike the MIUI where this ridiculously easy, you’ll have to repeat the steps you took when locking the apps.
- Long press anywhere on your home screen and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to hide apps and tap it.
- Click on the hidden apps to unhide it and tap done.
- It’s as easy as that.
The apps will reappear among your apps again and you can use them.
Again, this is where MIUI wins easily.
You get a separate interface where your hidden apps are and can only be accessed by the security method you set, like fingerprint ID, Face ID, pattern, even a pin but on One UI, you’ll have to unhide the apps before you can use them and there’s no security.
Since there’s no security, any smart person can use these steps above to find out if you have hidden apps when your phone is unlocked and access your hidden apps.
Let’s not forget that you’ll have to hide the apps back when you’re done with them and this can be really time-consuming.
Are there any other easier ways to hide apps in Samsung One UI?
Yes, there are.
You’ll have to use an app for that. You can use an app like Calculator vault (it’s free on the PlayStore) to hide apps on your device or simply lock them with the App lock app.
It’s that easy.
Wrapping it up
This method helps hide apps in Samsung One UI devices easily, all modern Samsung devices use this custom Android interface so you should be covered.
If you run into any troubles setting this up on your device, please let us know in the comment section, we’ll do our best to help the situation and get it working for you 🙂