Mobile spyware is becoming increasingly popular with the most substantial users being parents and business owners. While concerns have been raised about the suitability and security of spyware in general, there is no doubt that such mobile applications can be useful.
Simple crawling of search engine queries reveals a massive volume of people searching for free spyware for Android. Android phones are top-rated and parents may want to monitor their children’s online activities.
Similarly, employers may want to control access to company facilities. Whatever the scenario, spyware programs that operate with caution are crucial to achieving these goals. These apps can give you the data you need when working under the cover.
Here are the top 10 Android hidden spy apps we’ve come to know after periods of research. They are the most popular choices today.
Ultimately, we aim to allow you to find the best spyware apps that work. We evaluated these apps based on several criteria. Let us get straight to the apps:
If you had ever researched spyware online, you would surely have caught Spyic. It is undoubtedly one of the best spy apps available today. Spyic has been featured on Wired, Tech Advisor, Mashable, The Next Web and Life Hacker. Spyic has a million dedicated fans that rely on Spyic alone for their monitoring needs.
Spyic is opening up a whole new world of possibilities with powerful features. It is very user-friendly and intuitive. It is rare to find an app that is so easy to use and rich in features.
Spyic is one of the best Android spy apps that work in stealth mode. This means that the application will automatically delete its icon after installing the application. It will then be secretly run in the background, unnoticed by the target user.
Spicy main features:
- Contacts – view the contacts list.
- WhatsApp – Read individual and group WhatsApp conversations.
- Call logs – Check incoming/outgoing calls.
- Geo-fence – Create a virtual geo-fence.
- Browser history – View the websites visited.
- Secret mode – Be 100% discreet.
Spyera is a multi-platform app, which means you can use it with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. There are some powerful features like the ability to spy on VOIP. However, these features are quite expensive, given the technical challenges.
To use Spyera, you will first need to root the target device. This will likely void its warranty and is a time-consuming process. Of course, it is not ideal if you want a non-intrusive way to spy on someone’s phone without first spending much time on your phone to destroy it!
Spyera Key Features:
- Listen to real-time phone calls or Record to listen anytime
- Spy chat applications. Facebook, Viber, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and 11 more
- Record Android VoIP Calls: Skype, Facebook, Viber, LINE, WhatsApp and more
- Turn on the microphone and listen to or record in the Android environment
- Android Keylogger is included. Type keystrokes to see everything typed on Android
- Spy SMS, MMS, Email. Letters, Web History, Photos and Videos
- Track your device location with real-time GPS tracking
- Easy to install, well-detailed guide with screenshots
- Operates in 100% hidden and undetectable or visible mode
- Free updates and device changes during your subscription
Cocospy is a good spy app that works perfectly on Android devices. This is a great free spyware application that cannot be detected on Android. It uses stealth technology to be undetectable on the target device and is very lightweight. You won’t also need to consume much battery.
Plus, it has a large user community and is the spy app of choice for many. You will be able to track social media messages, call records, GPS location and browser history. Best of all, using Cocospy doesn’t require rooting the target device.
The app is easy to use and set up. Cocospy has a clean user interface that is easy to navigate. It’s easy to use even for beginners who have never used spyware.
Cocospy Key Features:
- Monitor posts and social media activities.
- Check locations, call logs and contacts.
- Install in minutes. Then monitor remotely.
- You can never find it out in stealth mode.
- Rooting is not required for all features.
Cerberus is a phone tracking app for personal use. It allows you to find a lost or stolen smartphone and has a bunch of extra features.
This includes taking pictures of a potential thief, sending SMS commands, locating the phone on a map and locking and destroying data.
It won’t help you keep track of other people’s devices, but you can totally spy on who stole your device. The subscription service starts at a considerable $5 a year per device and goes up from there.
Cerberus Key Features:
- Remote control from the Internet
- Remote control via SMS
- Custom Auto Alerts with AutoTask
- Find devices on the map
- Start the alarm
- Lock and wipe data
- Take pictures of thieves
- Back up your data
- Android Wear support
- Unix remote shell
FlexiSpy is one of several more powerful spyware apps for Android.
It allows you to do a variety of things that people may be afraid of, including turning on your microphone to listen to your device environment, monitoring your chat programs, locking your remote camera, typing on your keyboard, and being completely hidden from your antivirus.
FlexiSPY Key Features:
- Turn your phone into a remote camera and video recorder
- Record, intercept and listen to live Android phone calls
- Track GPS location on Android devices
- Spy on Facebook, Viber, WhatsApp and more
- Turn on the phone’s microphone and record its environment
- Record Android VoIP Calls: Skype, Facebook, Viber, and more
- Spy on SMS, email Letters and photos
- No hassle installation process
- Operates in hidden or visible mode
Appmia is expensive but useful spyware that offers location tracking, free updates, and access to address books and other information stored on your phone. It also has dual device tracking capability.
You can use Appmia to spy on the target user’s WhatsApp messages. Customers can view any multimedia files exchanged for incoming or outgoing messages.
But the main problem is that you will first have to root the target phone before you can use Appmia. This makes the application quite challenging to use if you have never done rooting before.
The Appmia Basic Plan lacks many essential features. So, if you choose to go with this app, you may need to consider other plans.
Appmia Key Features
- Record calls and profile
- Whatsapp, Facebook, Viber, SMS
- GPS tracking
- Email and Internet monitoring
- Monitoring music and video files
- Phone control
- Track calls and contacts
Google Family Link is an app designed for parents. It tracks kids through a Google Account. The app lets you view activities on your child’s device, manage apps, and even recommend apps. You can also set device boundaries and lock the device if necessary. Some people have problems with connectivity and errors, but for the most part, the experience should benefit most people. This is a decent free choice.
The program allows you to create a specific Google Account for your child. This account is similar to your own account – it only allows you to set up basic rules, such as dictating, which apps your child can use and for how long. You can even set sleep time on your child’s device and see your child’s location using the app.
Google Family Link Key Features
- Manage the programs your child can use
- Approve or block apps your child tries to download on the Google Play Store
- Monitor the screen time
- Find out the duration your child spends on their programs using weekly or monthly activity reports
- Set daily screen time restrictions on your child’s device
- Set the device to sleep
- Review your child’s location
- Lock your child’s device remotely
Kiddie Parental Control (formerly Heimdall Parental Control) is one of the newer spy apps. Parents install the app on their children’s phones and watch what they do.
Some features include blocking app installations, limited call duration, parental filters for sensitive content, and monitoring your child’s device network activity. The app has a subscription service, and it is an excellent alternative to Google Family Link.
Kiddie Parental Control Key Features
- Avoid installing a new app by blocking the Play Store
- Block installed applications (either entirely or by adding a time limit)
- Limit the duration of your calls
- Make sure the Youtube parent filter is on (and stays on).
- Monitor your child’s programs or network activities
- Be warned of your child’s activities
- Block unwanted content (adult/illegal sites) or specific site by filtering device network requests
MobiStealth provides all the basic features and comes in three different package options.
Users can select packages depending on the features they want to use and can choose from basic to premium or previous feature packs. The program also allows you to monitor the activity of computers and laptops and offers a keylogging option.
Also, Mobistealth tracking can be used intuitively to check every activity on your phone, from social media sharing to ambient sound. First of all, you do not need to root or jailbreak the phone.
Mobistealth Key Features
- Monitor SMS, calls and location
- Follow Snapchat, Facebook, WhatsApp, and other messengers
- Compatible with iOS, Android, Windows PC and MAC
- No need for device root
XNSPY combines the best affordability with the most advanced spyware technology.
This state-of-the-art program is user-friendly and can be adapted to both formal and childcare. The app is highly compatible with other devices, has advanced features such as call interception and WhatsApp tracking, and is updated continuously, making it difficult to tune. Spyware with more than 30 features and remote support doesn’t seem to be much better than this!
XNSPY Key Features
- Monitor call logs
- Read text messages
- Join IM chats
- Track GPS location
- Monitor web browsing
- Explore multimedia
Wrapping it Up
There are many legitimate reasons to use spy apps on other people.
There are usually three uses of spyware. You use them to track your phone, you use them to track your child’s phone, or you use them to track an employee’s phone.
We do not encourage a fraudulent use of such apps, and you should never use spyware unless you have the consent of the other person (in some cases). You may also want to look for applicable laws to make sure you are not breaking the rules.
Also, check out this list of the best wireless alarm systems for your home.