There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of video editing apps available for Android and iOS on the internet today and if you’re like most of the beautiful people reading this post every month, you’re looking for the best of the best video editing apps for your device.
A little back story, there was once a time where video editing is so complicated, so complicated it’s left to the pros and not even something you can attempt with your smartphone, well that’s all changed and its thanks to these apps.
Now, with the help of a smartphone, anyone can edit professional-touch videos with different video editing apps available on the Play Store for Android phone users and the App Store for Apple iPhone users.
Related read: The Best 30000mAh Power Banks to Buy
The Best Video Editing Apps For Android
In no particular order, here’s a list of the 12 best video editor apps for Android and iOS devices in 2022.
Kinemaster is another powerful, rich video editor with an elegant and intuitive design. It has a drag-and-drop functionality with easy uploading of media files, making it easy for beginners.
Although the free version has all the latest features and tools you need, you need to pay for the professional version to remove the watermark from the output video.
KineMaster Key Features
- Ability to add filters and effects.
- Multiple layers can be combined and viewed in the play area for quick editing.
- Instant preview and on-the-go editing without leaving the editing screen.
- Volume controller from video clips and background music.
Quik is a video editing application for iPhone and Android that gives amateur moviemakers the ability to make good movies in a short time. Users can quickly analyze their photos and videos to find the best moments in their collection.
Quik Key Features
- Quick has a lot of transitions, themes, and graphics designed for any occasion.
- Easily rearrange, crop, and rotate photos and videos.
- Personalize the story with text overlays and slides. You can even add emoji.
- Accelerate images or playback in slow mode.
- There are also more than 100 free tunes to use in your videos or use a song from your own collection. Quik supports different output formats.
FilmoraGo is a remarkable application for Android video editor, which is appreciated by many users. All primary functions, such as cutting, cutting, adding themes, music, etc., can be easily accomplished.
You can also create 1:1 square videos for Instagram, 16:9 videos for Youtube, reverse videos, add transitions, slow motion, text, etc. to beautify your video.
FilmoraGo Key Features
- Import videos from Facebook and Instagram.
- While editing, you can see the video preview together.
- Choose the elegant theme of the Film.
- You can put your favorite song in any video.
- Make a reverse video.
- Can add rich text to the video.
- Slows down or speeds up any video.
InShot is one of the best FREE video editing apps for Android, which has all the common features you need, such as: trimming and cutting videos/movies, blurring the background and not trimming, adding music and video effects.
InShot is a dominant producer of full-screen professional movies with customized video export resolution.
InShot Key Features
- Filters and video effects (glitch effect).
- Brightness, contrast, saturation, control, etc.
- Add background music with a fading effect.
- Video playback control.
- Cutting, trimming, and fusion media.
- A series of graphic design themes.
VideoShow is undoubtedly one of the best Android video editing applications available in the Free Play Store. With an easy-to-use interface, VideoShow is reliable and easy to use. In addition to the essential features, you can beautify your video by adding text, effects, music, and sound effects, or perform live dubbing.
Videoshow video editing app key feature:
- High level of personalization
- Multi-music, transitions, sound effects, and live dubbing
- 50+ free themes
- Instant video effects with pre-built models.
- Multiple musical effects
- FX, Trim, Cut, and Merge effects.
- Compress video file.
- Settings of the aspect ratio for various social platforms
6. Viva Video
VivaVideo has a lot of impressive video editing features, in fact you can consider VivaVideo one of the best video editing apps for Android in 2020 and beyond. The app is thoughtfully designed to help you create professional-looking videos straight from Android. You can choose from hundreds of easy-to-use effects, ranging from stickers and filters to animated clips and subtitles. It has a slow-motion video maker and slide show maker.
Essential functions of cutting and pasting videos, cutting, merging clips, etc. can be easily operated.
Viva Video Key Features
- Video editor embedded in slow motion.
- A wide variety of collage templates and themes to choose from.
- Video collages for video clips.
This editor is perfect for quickly creating fun videos. It can instantly transform everyday moments into creative videos and allows for automatic sharing on different social sites. It has over 100 advanced video effects, which are designed to be a perfect match for editing short videos.
You can even create short video loops that can be fun.
Funimate Key Features
- Over 100 advanced video effects for making fresh videos.
- DIY effects from pre-existing photos stored on your smartphone.
- Function to make collaboration videos with friends.
- A dedicated video community.
It is a free video editing application created by Wonder Share. It is an entirely free application. There is no watermark after making the video. Making the video with the musical effect is very easy in this application. You can post your video on YouTube directly or on social media.
Vlogit Key Features
- You can reverse and browse the video.
- You can create multiple layers of photos and videos in one video.
- You can also change the color of your video using filters.
- You can also edit colors, sizes, and fonts in the video.
- With this application, you can create slow motion and fast motion videos.
- Any changes made to the video can be viewed in the preview.
This video editor is worthy of being on this list with the best video editing applications for 2019. The application is 100% free with intuitive, easy-to-manage video editing tools. The app offers an efficient way to make 16:9 videos for Instagram in square format.
Movie Maker Filmmaker Key Features
- Track motion animation effects and text animation effects
- Presentation of musical presentations
- Lots of stickers, filters and film effects
PowerDirector is one of the most popular video editing apps not just for Android, if you’re an avid video editor, whilst doing some research you must’ve come across PowerDirector.
While this software is most versatile on PC and can go head to head against other video editing software like Adobe premier CC, Filmora by Wondershare, it works just as well on Android, and with it, you can stunning high-quality videos as the professionals do.
PowerDirector Key Features:
- Edit and export videos in up to 4K resolution
- Produce fast-forward or slow-motion videos with speed adjustment
- Fix shaky cam footage with video stabilizer
- Replace background with green screen editor by using chroma-key
- Create stunning double exposure effects from video overlays and blending-modes
- Upload straight to YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
11. Motion Ninja
Motion Ninja – Pro Video Editor & Animation Maker is our latest addition to our growing list of the best video editor for Android and it truly stands out with its features and usability. Motion Ninja breaks the complicated steps you have to go through to edit videos on your computer and brings it to mobile for professional editors as well as amateurs. Just look at what this app brags of.
Motion Ninja Key Features:
- Keyframe Video Editor & Animation Editor
- Best Picture in Picture App
- After Effects Video Editor for Android
- Chroma Key & Green Screen
- Free Video Editor & MV Master
- Photo Slideshow Maker
- Music Video Editor
- Video Filters & Adjustment
This is a very controversial app.
TikTok, which is popularly known as the short video social sharing platform. Also, you can use TikTok as a video editing application, which can take your videos to the next level with special effects filters, fun stickers, music, and more.
TikTok Key Features:
- Editing tools allow you to cut, merge, and copy videos easily.
- 100+ emoji stickers are available for free to take your videos to the next level.
- Easily edit your videos with millions of free clips and sounds.
Related read: 10 Fun Apps Like TikTok to Edit And Share Videos
To wrap it all up, Video editing is a necessity in today’s world, where video-based web media is king. By 2023, at least 70% of the content that Internet viewers will experience will be in video form. To make high-quality videos, a useful video editing application is required; it cannot be overlooked.
We’re constantly working hard to add more apps to this list, please leave a comment below if you’re not sure about anything or have an app suggestion.